- Sediba Clearing (PTY) Ltd, a SARS Accredited Clearing Agent and member of the South African Association of Freight Forwarders was founded by a few visionary entrepreneurs with a dream for the future. At Sediba, we believe and built our business on strong ethical values and enduring customer partnerships. This is integral to our business’ vision and we understand the need to be an extension of as well as a reliable asset to you, our customer.As a fully paid up member of the South African Association of Freight Forwarders we conform to the ethical code of conduct and the standard trading conditions of SAAFF. Our team of self driven, skilled and academically qualified members are capable of communicating mutually beneficial and cost effective solutions for your day to day shipping and clearing requirements. We render the best and most logical clearing & forwarding solution for your needs by customizing them to your requirement. Also, since we have the necessary funding available, we ensure that service levels are not compromised. Sediba Clearing is registered to submit Customs entries in Beitbridge, Groblersbridge, OR Tambo Airport, Germiston, Johannesburg and Durban. With the new SARS modernisation procedures we are also able to process Bonded, Warehouse and Transit entries from all ports in South Africa.Lin Botha, our Managing Director, is also a member of the SAAFF Board of Directors in the Border/Transport portfolio.
OUR BEE STRATEGIES
- We grant interest free house loans to many of our employees
- Supporting 2 local long-distance runners to enable them to compete in the country’s premier races
- We support the local Save the Children Fund
- Assisted a local youth in obtaining his university degree and attend his graduation
- We have fully integrated staff and several black male and female senior entry clerks and shift supervisors
- Our BEE status is in the process of being confirmed by a leading verification agency
- Our last status was Level 4
- All of our suppliers for stationery, office machinery, fuel etc are BEE compliant
- To make best advantage of the growing need for dedicated customs clearing in both Southern and Central Africa, Sediba relies strongly on the proven skills of its founders. It is our sincere belief that the inevitability need for administrative growth within our industry has created a lack of vital focus on retaining customer relationships and service levels which are crucial to ensure the long term financial profitability for both the importer and exporter whom we represent. As a result of our cumulative experience, we have a through understanding of local risks incurred in the transport and freight industry.
- In order to ensure we constantly improve our position in the industry, we continuously upgrade and review our service levels through regular internal checks on processing to keep abreast of the changes in the Customs procedures.Thereby, we are able to execute the most ideal strategy for effective and ongoing client compliance yet adhering to the Government policies.
- An excellent and efficient level of assistance is to provided to the drivers and their Customs’ requirements to ensure minimum consignment/vehicular downtime. Also, all runners and on-the-ground personnel are equipped with hand-held radios for easy communication. We make use of full radio contact between our South Africa and Zimbabwe offices. Our forte is in offering a medium cost, high quality and best value service in the clearing industry and in the supply chain as a whole.
- Sediba Clearing has been awarded SARS Accredited Client Status and the members of staff have a mutually respectful relationship with most Customs managers and officers. We also have first hand access to SARS Head Office personnel through interaction via SAAFF. Sediba has VAT Deferment facilities currently lodged in both Beitbridge and Groblersbridge offices. We are currently applying for same in Durban. Our accounts department is headed by a registered Chartered Accountant, and we use Sage Pastel Accounting system for invoicing. Price Waterhouse Coopers, Polokwane have been our Auditors since the inception of Sediba Clearing in 2005.
- We have staff at SA Truck park office, SA Customs office, ZW ZIMRA yard (import & export), ZW VID (when releasing), ZW Scanner (when releasing) and a ZW office near the Condep yard. Four (4) runners operate between SA & ZW on bicycles to provide service for your transporters and three (3) preferred agents to avoid bond problems. Vehicle movement is tracked and monitored across the border, both north and south bound, for several large transporters.
- Sediba’s operations team in Beitbridge consists of 78 staff members and Groblersbridge’s team has 16 staff members. We also have a late hour releasing clerk, who handles releasing of all vehicles after 22H00. This caters for both imports and export consignments in Beitbridge only. Urgent and specific consignments that are required to be dealt with after hours will be handled upon request.
- In Zimbabwe we have 12 staff members. Our Zimbabwean office works from 07H00 to 19H00 due to the dangers of staff members leaving after dark in ZW.
- Office Hours:
- Releasing of import & export After hours: 22H00 to 07H00 (BBR only)
- Certain members of the operations team will be contactable on a 24 hour basis on their cellular phones. Our offices are open through out the year except for Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day, or any such day where business cannot be conducted to your advantage due to statutory decisions.
SADC Certificate Processing
- Original SADC certificates can be obtained on your client’s behalf from Beitbridge Customs
- The certificates can be completed and submitted on your behalf
- Processed SADC’s can be sent to clearing agents in Zimbabwe for local Zimbabwe consumption, speeding up the clearances and eliminating the need to wait for the drivers arrival
- We have a Zimbabwe monitoring office with 12 members of staff to deliver documents
- Assist drivers with border crossing procedures
- Provide a monitoring and tracking option for your office or your transporters
- Releasing and completion of statutory ZIMRA and Government requirements for release
- Assist with monies required in Zimbabwe for full release of the vehicles, i.e. CVG’s, Insurance, Carbon Tax, Gate Pass, VID, Condep Inspections, etc
Unpack and Forklift Team (BBR office only)
Customs Clearing and Associated Services
- All e-mail or faxed pre-clearance documents are handled at the time of receipt to ensure speedy vehicle movement
- Making full sets of copies for the Zimbabwe side, Customs, driver, client and office
- Full electronic communications with Customs
- Tariff classification assistance as well as applications for Customs tariff and value determinations
- ITAC control permit advice – Import and Export
- Information on prohibited and restricted goods
- Assistance with other Government agencies i.e. SAPS, Department of Agriculture, Port Health Authority, State Vet and Home Affairs
- Guidance on SADC and Trade agreement requirements
- Matters pertaining to Customs Valuations
- Provide up to date information with respect to Customs and SARS rulings and procedures
- Advice and documentation for Customs’ applications
- Applying for Customs refunds
- Obtaining Customs’ permission for specialised vehicle movement
- Assisting SARS and the drivers at the point of release
- Managing and monitoring Customs’ stops, inspections and supervisions
- Receiving and checking the endorsements of the SAD502
- Couriering of client’s acquittals
Major Client Division (MCD) and Tracking
- MCD was formed to ensure a personalised and efficiency-driven team to deal with our specialised clients
- MCD allows clients to develop business relationships with a highly competent team
- A web-accessible tracking system is in place in accordance with your vehicular tracking requirements
- It can be adapted to your needs
- Fully printable reports showing details as per your requirements, i.e. vehicle registration numbers, times of arrival, manifest number, fleet details and bill of entry numbers
- Web tracking is accessible 24/7
- Unique user names and passwords are allocated to each client allowing you to track all transporters carrying your loads at any time whilst still providing full confidentiality
- Contributing to real time efficiencies
- This service is unfortunately only available at present for the South African and Zimbabwean sides of Beitbridge Border Post
Sediba at a glance.
Karey du Plessis
Ben Dusje Stassen
MCD & Key Accounts Manager
Johannesburg Liaison Manager
From our esteemed clients.
We are a C & F / Logistics Company based in Durban who move project cargo and general cargo to and from South Africa.There is only one agent who we will trust with our cargo and shipments and that it reaches it’s destination on time and that’s Sediba. Their service is top class and there is no job that’s too difficult for them. We would certainly not make use any other agent and recommend Sediba for all your border clearing requirements.
Our team are working very well with the Sediba team and partnering with Sediba has really strengthened our service offering to customers.Appreciate the good work and would like to continue the good work.
Afnet Group was formed in 1996, and was started primarily as a transport company, but has since expanded into the logistics solutions we now offer. We have branches in Jhb, Durban and Port Elizabeth all offering transport, warehousing, procurement for our foreign based clients, handling, packing, crating, trans-shipping, handling hazardous cargo, abnormal cargo and the little extra the client may require. Since Sediba opened their doors we have utilised them almost exclusively for the clearing service they offer. Sediba are exceptionally efficient and a service of this calbre we would recommend to any of our existing clients.
Groblersbridge / Martin’s Drift
Hello! Lets talk.